Thank you for your interest in being a LEAH Mentor for School Year 2019-2020! The LEAH Project is a paid summer internship experience designed to give Boston high school students exposure to STEM studies, introduction to computer coding, college and job readiness skills, and near-peer leadership opportunities.
LEAH Programming starts Monday October 21st. From October – December youth will meet on Mondays and Wednesdays afterschool 4:00PM – 6:00PM.
Starting in January, LEAH will be Monday – Thursday two hours a day.
LEAH Mentors will be paid via a stipend for their time in programming and can earn around $3,000 for the school year (depending on attendance and participation).
What are the Time Commitments?
- Must be available to start training October 21st – December 9th on Mondays and Wednesdays.
- Starting in January, must be available to work Mondays – Thursdays.
- LEAH Family Orientation will be the week of October 14th (we will finalize a date soon!)
- LEAH Graduation event will be Tuesday June 2nd from 6 – 8PM.
- LEAH youth will receive a program calendar with additional important dates.
Applications are due September 18th 2018 at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
If you require assistance with this application, please email email@example.com
- This application will take approximately twenty minutes to complete. It includes short answer questions (a minimum of 150 words each).
- You can upload your resume (in .pdf or .doc format). This is optional
- You are able to save your application progress and continue where you left off
To be eligible for the LEAH Project, students must:
- Attend Boston Public high school / be a Boston resident
- Interested in STEM studies, teaching, or peer leadership
- Students of color and low-income students are strongly encouraged to apply