Thank you for your interest in returning to the LEAH Project for School Year 2019-2020! This interest form is only for youth who have participated in LEAH before.
The LEAH Project is a paid afterschool internship experience designed to give Boston high school students exposure to STEM studies, college and job readiness skills, and near-peer leadership opportunities.
LEAH Mentors will be part of the BNY YouthLeaders program, funded by the Arthur F. Blanchard Trust.
Returning LEAH Mentors will start weekly meetings on September 19th.
September- December Schedule:
- Tuesdays: Weekly meeting on Homework/Tutoring day
- Thursdays: Weekly meeting on Homework/Tutoring day
- Fridays: Seniors meeting (not every Friday)
Starting in January, LEAH will be Monday – Thursday because you will start site work on Mondays and Wednesdays.
*Returning Mentors can opt to start LEAH in December, a LEAH staff member will contact you to set up a meeting.
LEAH Mentors will be paid via a stipend for their time in programming and can earn around $3,300 for the school year (depending on attendance and participation).
What are the Time Commitments?
- Must be available to start in September (or December) and attend meetings on Tuesday and Thursday.
- Starting in January, must be available to work Mondays – Thursdays.
- LEAH Family Orientation event will be the week of October 14th.
- LEAH Graduation event will be Tuesday June 2nd from 6 – 8PM.
- LEAH youth will receive a program calendar with additional important dates.
Applications are due Friday September 6th, 2019 at 8:00 PM Eastern Standard Time
If you require assistance with this application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This application will take approximately fifteen minutes to complete. It includes two short answer questions (a minimum of 150 words each).
- You will need to email your resume to email@example.com.
- You will need to email your last year’s academic transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- if you cannot access your transcript yet, let LEAH staff know.
- You are able to save your application progress and continue where you left off